At Bay State Gymnastics Academy, we offer floor tumbling classes for beginner, intermediate, and advanced level athletes. Tumbling classes focus on all of the basics through advanced level skills.
Athletes practice and develop their skills on our spring floor, spring tumbling strip, inground trampoline, tumble track, huge foam pit and other equipment throughout the gym.
Click the class to see available times
- Beginner TumblingBeginner Tumbling classes will focus on basic floor skills from forward rolls, handstands, cartwheels & Round offs all the way through back walkovers.
- An unassisted Back Walkover and an instructor-assisted back handspring must be achieved before moving up to the next tumbling level.
- Intermediate TumblingIntermediate tumbling students should have their back walkover unassisted and an instructor-assisted back handspring to enter this level of tumbling. This class will focus on standing and running Back handspring skills as well as, the introduction of front handsprings, front tucks and side aerials.
- Unassisted Round off 2 back handsprings, front handsprings, front tucks and an assisted Back Tuck must be achieved before moving on to the next tumbling level.
- Advanced Tumbling
Advanced tumbling students should have unassisted Round off 2 Back handsprings, Front handsprings, front tucks and a minimum of an instructor assisted Back Tuck to join this class level. This class will focus on upper level tumbling from Back Tucks through Back Layouts, Twisting and multi skill connected front tumbling.
- Advanced Intermediate TumblingStudents will have mastered all basic skills through unassisted front handspring, unassisted standing back handspring (on trampoline, mat or floor) and an instructor spotted Round off Back handspring. Class curriculum will include mastering of Round off Back handsprings & multiple Back handsprings, front handspring step outs, Side aerials, Front tucks, as well as, introduction to back tucks. Students must have mastered all skills through an unassisted Round off 2 back handsprings, front handspring step outs, Front tucks & Side Aerials (off air trak onto mat or on floor) and an assisted standing back tuck on the floor in order to advance to the next level.